The Department of Ecology and Environment of Guangdong Province issued the “Guangdong Province Tan Puhui Carbon Trading Management Measures” in April, which clearly stated that carbon inclusiveness refers to the use of relevant business incentives, policy incentives and trading mechanisms to drive the society to participate in carbon reduction work, promoting the control of greenhouse gas emissions and the increase of carbon credit. As far as companies are concerned, the share of carbon emission allowances comes from two aspects: Carbon Emission Allowances and Voluntary Emission Reduction. The Carbon Emission Allowances are generated from the government allocation after the overall planning of the relevant departments based on total control. And the Voluntary Emission Reduction are obtained by units or individuals through the development of projects to reduce carbon emissions or increase carbon credit.
The Tan Puhui Carbon system is to quantify the energy-saving and carbon-reduction behaviors of small and medium-sized enterprises, community households and individuals and then give a certain value, so as to establish a positive combination of business incentives, policy encouragement and certified emission reduction transactions.
Exploration and practice of The Tan Puhui Carbon system—Since the country launched the carbon trading pilot in 2011, Hangzhou, Guangzhou, Nanjing, Wuxi, Chengdu, Shenzhen, Wuhan, Beijing and other cities have carried out different forms of Tan Puhui carbon practice projects. Different institutions can be divided into two types: government-led and enterprise-led. Among them, the government-led type is the most typical Tan Puhui Carbon System implemented by the Guangdong Provincial Government; the enterprise-led type is such as Alibaba Group’s “Alipay” The “Ant Forest” project.
1. Government-led Tai Puhui Carbon implementation model
In 2015, the Guangdong Provincial Development and Reform Commission issued the Implementation Plan for the Pilot Work of the GSP in Guangdong Province and the Guidelines for the Pilot Construction of the GSP in Guangdong Province, which established the main framework of the GSP system in Guangdong, and clearly defined the role of the provincial and provincial governments. The governments at the two levels of the pilot cities divide labor and cooperate with each other to complete the Tan Puhui carbon pilot work. The GPDRC and the departments under the provincial governments will jointly formulate the overall pilot framework and operating specifications of the Tan Puhui Carbon System. In order to promote the Tan Puhui carbon mechanism and assist in the pilot work, Guangdong Province established a Tan Puhui carbon innovation and development center in June 2016, and established a series of Tan Puhui carbon websites, APP programs, WeChat public accounts, etc. The Tan Puhui carbon platform obtains the relevant low-carbon data records of registered users and calculates the user’s carbon reduction, and automatically converts it into carbon coins and distributes them to users. At the same time, the Tan Puhui carbon platform certified and registered low-carbon alliance merchants or organizations, and encouraged them to exchange discounts, services, etc. for carbon coins generated by public carbon reduction to fulfill the social responsibility of reducing carbon emissions.
2. Enterprise-led Tan Puhui Carbon Implementation Model
The first enterprise-led Tan Puhui carbon project is launched by Alibaba Group in 2016. Through this project, the carbon emissions saved by participating users by taking low-carbon behaviors such as green travel will be quantified as “green energy”. “Green energy” can cultivate trees in a virtual “ant forest”. At a certain stage of development, our company is the first to participate in the enterprise-led carbon Puhui to assist “Ant Forest” on behalf of users to plant green trees in the Kubuqi Desert, so that online participants can experience the way and habits of low-carbon life behavior, it also received positive feedback from the society. Compared with the government-led model, the project emphasizes the nature of public welfare, does not involve in-kind rewards, and does not substantially connect with the carbon emissions trading mechanism.
3. Treelion’s 3060 Mini Program and Green Passport App combines blockchain technology to empower the universal carbon benefit.
With the help of the national “dual carbon policy” and the promotion of the national Tan Puhui carbon process, the 3060/Green Passport independently developed by Treelion came into being. A highly secure, scalable and trustworthy distributed application for atomic transactions, supported by blockchain technology, distributed data storage, point-to-point transmission, consensus mechanism, encryption algorithm technology and other blocks The chain technology realizes the characteristics of distributed, non-tamperable and collaborative consensus, and the trust mechanism promotes the circulation of value, and spreads to more audiences with advanced concepts, research, new tools and business models, and realizes carbon universal benefits.
(1) Introduction to the main functions of the 3060/Green Passport
1. Accumulation of personal carbon emission reduction data: use device induction uploading and verifiable carbon credit methodology to convert personal carbon emission reductions for personal green behaviors such as cycling, walking, driving new energy vehicles, garbage collection, water and electricity saving, etc.
2. Registration management: Use blockchain technology to chain personal carbon credit, and perform financial-like asset registration and management for them.
3. Redeem & Reward: Personal carbon credit can be exchanged in an app (Green Passport) and Wechat Mini Program (3060) in cooperation with the Ministry of Ecology and Environmental Protection in China, in the form of green points to exchange various partners’ commodities and coupons to realize the semi-financialization of personal carbon credit.
4. Trading: When the policies and regulations are opened, the personal carbon credit registered in the green passport can be sold to enterprises or other individuals who need to reduce carbon emissions, so as to realize the full financialization of personal carbon credit.
5. Community: Every individual who uses the 3060/Green Passport can share their environmental protection experience and green personal life on the social section of the green passport.
6. Mall: A supply chain traceability mall has been built (to be launched), which will sell low-carbon, fair trade, organic, and environmental protection related products in the supply chain, assist individuals to achieve clothing, food, housing, travel, and a comprehensive green lifestyle.
At present, the 3060/Green Passport project has signed a five-year agreement of cooperation with the Ministry of Ecology and Environment. It is a semi-official carbon reduction tool jointly launched by our company and the Ministry of Ecology and Environment for the public, enterprises and governments; Local governments build a local bottom chain of Tan Puhui carbon inclusiveness and carbon trading based on blockchain 3060/Green Passport as the application interception point of the bottom chain, and the 3060/Green Passport as the carrier. The gradual development of technologies such as networking, artificial intelligence, cloud computing, and new energy has attracted more partners, added more application scenarios, and encouraged more and more carbon reduction behaviors. Based on the smart contract and consensus mechanism of the blockchain, the carbon credit created and registered will be gradually financialized, the liquidity of carbon credit transactions will be improved, and the bridge between individuals and enterprises, and between enterprises and enterprises, will be opened up. Through the innovation of the Tan Puhui carbon mechanism as the main path, the main direction is to encourage citizens to practice green and low-carbon behaviors and help achieve the “dual carbon” goal, and in accordance with the principle of “sharing, cooperation, and win-win”, it integrates and integrates the forces of all sectors of society. Promote green and low-carbon actions for all people. The development and launch of the 3060/Green Passport will inject new vitality into the Tan Puhui carbon behavior of enterprises.
(2) Key application of the blockchain project of Treelion’s 3060/Green Passport application
● Enterprise staff carbon account bookkeeping, green point plan
Corporate employees can earn carbon credits through low-carbon travel, low-carbon commuting, online meetings, second-hand clothing, book donations, and electronic product recycling. Through carbon credit rewards, train employees to develop low-carbon office and low-carbon living habits, and improve carbon reduction awareness;
● Carbon Activity & Carbon Social
Digital membership, donations, event management, etc. can be implemented through charitable, environmental protection and other institutions
● Carbon credit trading, carbon credit reward and carbon asset management.
Employees can calculate the carbon emissions and carbon reductions in their daily work and life in their personal accounts, and use this platform to use their carbon emissions to help large-scale events achieve carbon neutrality and carbon credit trading.
● Partner with NGOs and different sectors around the world and provide a mechanism for all parties to earn and redeem points
● Provide members with the latest and most informative environmental protection information
(3) The application mode of To C, To B and To G of the green behavior data platform of the 3060 blockchain project of Treelion
(4) Business module of the green behavior data platform of the 3060/Green Passport blockchain project of Treelion
(5) Treelion 3060/Green Passport Blockchain BaaS Platform
(6) Treelion 3060/Green Passport carbon credit trading open alliance chain
Conclusion: Treelion’s 3060/Green Passport is a digital platform based on the latest technologies such as blockchain, big data, cloud computing, etc. to create a green life carbon reduction platform for individuals and groups. The 3060/Green Passport platform will be used in individuals, communities, schools, corporates, NGOs etc. Multiple scenarios of integrating applications in power saving, water saving, energy reduction, carbon reduction, environmental protection travel, green consumption, etc., to enhance public participation in carbon reduction consumption. Let everyone contribute to environmental protection in life, reduce carbon easily and happily implement ‘green lifestyle’ has always been the goal of our Treelion. 3060/Green Passport’s mission is that everyone can contribute sustainable low carbon development. In response, Mr. Solheim, the former UN Under-Secretary-General and Executive Director of UNEP, said: “I am very optimistic about this project. In the past, low-carbon life relied on public welfare actions, and the effect was very limited. Behavioral quantification has allowed me to see the power of China’s science and technology, and it also made me believe that China’s desire for carbon peaking in 2030 and carbon neutrality in 2060 will definitely come true!”